Automation feature is exactly how you’d understand the word “automation”: it automates your work process so repetitive, boring tasks are out of your work-stack. 🎉
If you get to save even 10 minutes per day from moving cards on your Kanban boards or resetting due dates, then you’d save approximately one hour every week. One hour in time sounds just fine, but repetitive tasks consume our brain power and create brain-clutter, so why not be more efficient and save that mental space for something more important?
Automation (a.k.a. the Blue Bot) gives you the superpower to make shift to the way repetitive tasks are handled - even better, they do those tasks for you. 😉Whether you need to automatically move tasks from one list to another, assign people by tags set, or setting a specific timeframe for tasks, Blue Bot is always up to it! 🚀
🛠 How Automations Work.
"When ___ , then ___ " Format
Think of automation as something similar to an excel "If" equation.
If (this item) happens, then (this item) happens.
For the first trigger, Blue Bot supports actions for these items:
- Add or Remove Assignees
- Add or Remove Tags
- Add or Remove Start/Due Date
- Move Todo to different list
- New Todo Created
- Todo Completed
- Checklist Items Completed
"If a new todo is created in list Backlog, then assign Jane Jones."
"If all checklist items are marked complete, then mark todo as complete."
"If a tag "Bug" is added, then assign Bruce Wayne and set a due date to 10 days after trigger date."
To create new automation:
- Go to the "Automation" button on top of your Todo board and click the + button to create.
- Choose your conditions "When___ , then___."
- Click "Create"
Edit or Delete Automation.
From the automation pop-up page, you can make changes to your set conditions or delete it completely. 📌Note that once your automation condition is deleted, it is permanent .
😎 Example Uses.
- Automatically move todo to "Done" list when it's marked complete.
- Assign someone to tasks where a specific tag is set.
- Set a deadline for 10 days when a tag "Bug" is added.
- Assign people to tasks in a specific list.